World-Class CranioSacral Therapist
Rebecca Flowers, OTR, BCP, CST-D
- Registered Occupational Therapist, National (#576314) and Florida (#OT 8679)
- Certified Instructor, The Upledger Institute
- Diplomat Certified, CranioSacral Therapy
- Board Certified Pediatrics, AOTA Specialty
- S.I.P.T. Certified, Sensory Integration International
- Ombudsperson, CranioSacral Therapy Pediatric Curriculum
- Member, American Occupational Therapy Association
- Member, Fla. Occupational Therapy Association
- Member, Sensory Integration International
- Medallion Member, Upledger’s International Association of Healthcare Practitioners
CranioSacral Therapy and Sensory Integration
Craniosacral therapy is a gentle, hands-on method of evaluating and correcting restrictions in the craniosacral system. The craniosacral system has its own unique rhythm that can be detected anywhere on the body. In optimal health, this rhythm moves freely, however an imbalance or restriction in the rhythm can cause any number of sensory, motor or neurological disabilities. Craniosacral therapy encourages the bodies own natural healing process.
The craniosacral system consists of the membranes and the cerebrospinal fluid that surround and protect the brain and spinal cord. This includes all the bones of the skull, the spinal column, the tailbone and all the fascia which connects and radiates out from the membranes. This vital system influences the development and performance of the brain and spinal cord.
Craniosacral therapy was scientifically validated and developed through research by Dr. John Upledger, D.O. over the past several decades. His research was based on the osteopathic theories of William Sutherland, D.O. in the early 1900's. For more information about Rebecca Flowers at the Upledger Institute please fill in our contact form.